RIMTA is committed to ensuring that its members have the most up to date information on Covid-19 related topics impacting their businesses.
Information and resources related to Covid-19 are changing so rapidly that we are providing links to the direct sources wherever possible so that you can get the most up to date information. Below, you will find a curated list of information directly related to the marine industry in RI as well as relevant resources from our parters. At the bottom of the page, we also include an updated schedule of helpful webinars that are related to the issues with your business.
A United Voice
As always, RIMTA is here to advocate for and speak on behalf of the entire marine industry. We are in constant communication with our members and have developed messaging consistent with maintaining our business under the current guidelines provided by the state.
Click here to sign up for the RIMTA monthly newsletter.
Guidelines for Marine Businesses
Covid-19 Travel Information, Advisories, Orders and Guidance for Residents and Visitors
RI Department of Environmental Management:
Industry Guide to Operating Your Boat Business Safely
- This marine industry specific guide is a manual for your boat business, your employees and your customers so that you can better navigate your way through and more quickly find the resources that you need right away. Released May 8th.
Customer Messaging Template
In response to several member inquiries and concerns about customer compliance issues connected to the social distancing the rules and regulations, RIMTA has developed a template to help you communicate the “do’s and dont’s” of summer 2020 boating with your customers.
Would you like to submit a question?
- If you are a marine business: you can submit a question, comment or concern to RIMTA pertaining to the operation of your business or the guidelines mandated by the state and we will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner.
- If you are a boater: please contact your marina facility for direct guidance or refer to the Boater Safety Guidelines issued by the RI DEM on May 4th.
- If you would like business assistance: Business advisors at Rhode Island are standing by to assist you during the COVID-19 emergency. Complete this Business Assistance Request Form and someone from CommerceRI or the Department of Business Regulations will respond to you within 1 business day.
- If you have a question about Unemployment Insurance Benefits: you can submit your Unemployment Insurance Benefit Question to RIMTA and we will respond directly or guide you to the proper resource.
Are you hiring new employees or training your current staff?
RIMTA is continually recruiting potential employees for the marine and composite industries.
Please contact Jen Huber email@example.com or Brian Dursi firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to:
- Post an Open Position on the RIMTA Job Board
- Receive resumes for qualified candidates to interview
- Apply for up 75% in reimbursement funds for training your current employees.
Please contact us to help with your hiring and training needs.