Train for a Career in the Marine Trades
If you are a Rhode Island resident interested in starting a career in the marine trades, you’ve come to the right place. RIMTA can help you get started.
Use this website to learn more about free training programs that can lead to full-time jobs, career and networking events, and information about career tracks in this statewide industry. Whether you’re interested in working in high-tech manufacturing or a job where you’ll spend most of your time on the water, the marine trades in Rhode Island is full of opportunity. Read on to learn more.
Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program (Aug. 21 – Oct. 21, 2017)
Click here to apply today!
Enroll today in RIMTA’s Marine Trades & Composites Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program and learn all the skills you need to get started on a great career track in the marine trades and composites industries.
This program is a free 7-week hands-on training that prepares participants for entry-level positions in the marine and composites industries in RI. We have had a great job placement success rate at the end of each our trainings.
No previous marine experience is necessary, but we are looking for hands-on learners ready to be trained and employed on new skills including carpentry, mechanics, varnishing and composites.
- It’s free internship training-and we provide $100/week stipend
- No previous boating experience necessary.
- GED/HS Diploma preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
- The program runs for 7 weeks from August 21 – October 21, 2017 with training Monday -Friday; 8-4pm every day.
- Training locations are at different RI locations each day/week.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older and be a RI resident.